There is just something about the crisp cool air of autumn that begs for the smell and taste of Warm Spiced Cider. Now, call me old fashioned, but what I’m talking about here is the real deal, the fresh pressed apple cider you pick up at the farmers market, then take home and spice it up! There’s more than just apple and spice and everything nice in there.
Real spiced cider has memories. Memories of walking down the street and kicking up leaves with grandpa, memories of coming home from a cold night out laughing with your friends, memories of being bundled up and snuggling with your significant other while watching a movie, memories of playing board games with your family, insisting that someone MUST BE cheating!
Spiced Cider isn’t just liquid from apples with some spice to kick it up a notch. Warmed Spiced Cider is what happiness smells and tastes like. It’s warm and inviting. It’s comforting. It opens us up and brings joy from our inside world out into the space in which we live and to the people we share that space with.
If you have access to some fresh cider, or have the opportunity to make your own, I’m sharing my own favorite Spiced Cider recipe, which would likely be classified more as wassail, but then, I’m a bit of a rebel when it comes to recipes.
You will need:
- 1 Quart Apple Cider
- 1 cup Orange Juice (opt)
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice (opt)
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 12 Whole Cloves
- Sauce pan with lid
- Your favorite sipping mug
- Apple slices, orange slices, or any other desired garnish (opt)
- Combine cider, orange juice, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, and cloves in a saucepan
- Bring cider to a simmer over medium heat without boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Allow cider to simmer over low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves from cider (reserve for garnishing if desired)
- Ladle cider into sipping mugs and garnish (if desired) and serve.
While the real deal is nice, we know not everyone has the time or ingredients to make authentic Spiced Cider. So, for those times, we have a couple of options for you in our store.
When you visit our store you will find we carry three varieties of cider mix from Wind & Willow for your enjoyment:
- Original Mulled Cider Mix
- English Wassail Cider Mix
- Caramel Apple Cider Mix
We also carry and assortment of Simmered Cider scents in candles and diffuser refills to give your home or workspace that cozy warm feel.
However you decide to include the taste and smell of Warm Spiced Cider in your life, we look forward to seeing you and helping you find what you need.